Taste the famous Turkish & Mediterranean Cuisine
Turkish cuisine represents the typical eastern Mediterranean cooking, that is made with fresh ingredients and careful cooking. These ingredients are usually very simple but high quality. Turkish land and the seas are rich and the farmers and the fisherman make Turkey one of the seven countries in the world which produce the surplus of food.
Each Gulet has a professional chef that will prepare all your meals. The food is all prepared on board to a high standard of hygiene and presentation, with lots of fresh vegetables, salads and fruits as well as meat. Mediterranean cuisine is one of the best in the world.
Breakfast includes different kinds of cheese, salami, olives, eggs, peaches, melon or water melon, butter, jam, local honey, yogurt, cucumbers and tomatoes, fruit juice, tea and coffee.Lunch and dinner consists of at least four dishes: main course, side dish, salad or locally grown vegetables and fresh fruits or dessert. As each of our chefs have their own specialties, it is difficult to list all the dishes you will be served. However, some popular Turkish dishes are listed on the sample menu. These are served at certain times of the year, depending on the availability of the vegetables.
Fish and other seafood – if not caught by the guests and the crew themselves – are bought by the guests fresh from local fishermen who come alongside.
Please inform us, at time of booking, if you require a vegetarian menu.
Weekly Sample Menu :
Butter, olive oil, four sorts of jam, honey, cheese, feta cheese, black & green olives, tomatoes, cucumber, eggs/omelet, yoghurt, cereals, sausages, salami, assortment of fresh fruits, fresh orange juice, various sorts of tea, filter coffee, Nescafe, milk, bread & toast.
* Baked Chicken with Seasonal Vegetables, Pilau Rice with Almonds, Green Beans Sautéed in Olive Oil, Fresh Fruits
* Meatballs a la Smyrna, Bulgur Rice with Tomatoes, Shepherd’s Salad, Ice – Cream
* Turkish Pastry with Mince & Feta Cheese, Mixed Sautéed Seasonal Vegetables, Zaziki, Turkish Coffee
* Calamari Stuffed with Rice & Vegetables, Red & Green Peppers with Yoghurt Sauce, Potato Puree, Turkish Delight
* Spaghetti Bolognese, Cheese Salad, Chocolate Pudding, Turkish Coffee
* Aubergine with Mince in the Oven, Rice with Tomatoes, Mixed Seasonal Salad, Turkish Dessert
* Cream of Mushroom Soup, Macaroni with Cheese in the Oven, Tuna Salad, Creme Caramel
Afternoon snacks :
Cookies & cakes, tea, coffee, fruit juices
Dinner Menu :
* Traditional Turkish Meze Platter, Oven Roasted Leg of Lamb with Baby Potatoes, Shepherd’s Salad, Honey Melon with Ice-Cream
* Vegetable Soup, Beef Steak Ratatouille with Baked Potatoes, Red Beans with Tomato Sauce, Carrot Salad, Turkish Dessert
* Aegean Fish Soup, Grilled Calamari and Shrimps, Turkish Dolma Platter, Rocket Salad, Turkish Coffee with Turkish Delight
* Baked Pastry with Spinach and Feta Cheese, Curry Chicken with Peas and Carrots, Pilau Rice, Chef’s Salad, Creme Caramel
* Humous and Haydari, Barbecue ( lamb chops, sausages, chicken wings, shish kebab), Potato Puree, Mixed Salad, Fresh Fruits
* Grilled Calamari with Lemon Sauce, Casserole of Lagos, Seasonal Salad, Potato Salad, Baklava
* Shrimp Casserole, Grilled Sea Bass with Lemon and Dill Sauce, Zucchini Souffle, Rocket Salad, Chocolate Cake
Efes beer (light & normal & dark), Doluca Antik wines (white & red), Kavaklidere wines (white & red), Raki, Absolute Vodka, Gordon & Tanqueray Gin, J&B Scotch, Jack Daniels, Bacardi, Campari, Dry Martini, Raynal Cognac, Mixers